It's Friday once again! So here are a few things I want to share because I thought they were interesting and some announcements.
- First off, I am getting married next week which is super fun and exciting! My soon to be wife has been a super supportive person and has helped me navigate through life's rough waters.
- I shared some life advice I've gathered over the years about being a creative professional surrounded by negative energy or thought. Also, if you haven't checked it out yet, watch Markiplier's video for more feel-good vibes. I also made a list of podcasts, blogs, and newsletters that inspire and motivate me.
- I also finally received my physical Bachelors of Science Degree! It's going to look good hanging on my wall next to my computer. Thank you all for the love and support.
- I experimented with pet portraits and a 50mm prime lens and shared the results. I share how I shot the images, what worked, what didn't, and the settings I used. It was a lot of fun and I want to do it again.
- In the spirit of getting rid of toxicity in my life and moving on to greater things, I've been doing a lot of research on what it takes to make it as a creative professional. I'm rereading Austin Kleon's books Steal Like an Artist and Show Your Work, both of which I cannot recommend enough. His work is fantastic. I recently got Art Inc. by Lisa Congdon and I am excited to sink my teeth into it after getting married.